Planned Outage - Degreeworks

Please note that on Thursday, September 23rd DegreeWorks will be unavailable due to planned maintenance. DegreeWorks will be available again starting Friday, September 24th.

Change Your Major

How to Change your Major In Person

Deciding to change your major can be a difficult decision. Please meet with an advisor if you need help in determining which major best meets your academic and career goals. You will need to have a clear understanding of a major's program requirements before making a change. If you are a degree seeking student, your current major and corresponding degree requirements can be viewed on your GPS, which is located on your Pipeline home page.

Students who have a current PACE agreement on file with Financial Aid or are receiving Veterans Benefits are not eligible to request a major change online. You can meet with an advisor to discuss your options.

How to Change your Major Online

You must access your Pipeline account to make a request. The form can be found under Student Quick Clicks, Change My Major. For username and password assistance, please contact the Service Desk at 316.733.3306.

An advisor will review and submit your request for a major change. Please note that it may take up to five business days for the major change to be reflected on all of your student records.

Additional Information

Financial Aid Eligibility

In order to receive federal financial aid and most types of institutional aid, you must be in a degree seeking program or eligible certificate program. To determine if your major is financial aid eligible, please contact Financial Aid. Non-degree seeking and guest students are not financial aid eligible.

Previously Non-Degree Seeking

If you are non-degree seeking and now want to declare your intent to pursue a degree or certificate, you may be required to complete assessment testing.